It has been a wild ride since the COVID-19 pandemic hit. In a matter of a few weeks the world shut down and life as we knew it came to a staggering halt. It has certainly been a stressful and scary year, but for dogs everywhere… life was suddenly a dream come to life! With stay at home orders and many companies going fully remote, humans seemed to be at home indefinitely. Endless playtime, treats and belly rubs for all the good boys and girls.
“Why is this pandemic thing such a big deal? Mommy & Daddy are home all the time! This is great….” -Cielo, PIC (Pup in Charge), FurRescue Fashions Headquarters
Now that the vaccines for COVID-19 are becoming more readily available, the world seems like it may soon be able to resume some semblance of normalcy. For many, that means returning to a physical office space outside of the home. With our pups so accustomed to having us around 24/7, it may be a worry for many…. How will our pets adjust to suddenly having to be home alone again?
Wag! wants you to breathe a sigh of relief because they are here to support you and your furry families to ensure the smoothest transition as you all adjust to life back in a structured work environment.
Wag! launched in 2015 at the height of the on-demand boom and is a technology platform that helps connect busy families with dog walkers in their area. Similar to Uber, Instacart, and other gig economy companies, Wag! contracts Pet Caregivers following a thorough and enhanced background check and allows pet owners to connect with a large network of dog walkers and other pet professionals in their area. So you can return to work - and life in general - with the repose that your pup(s) will be well cared for while you need to be away from home. Pet Caregivers each set their own rates, however Wag! prides itself on providing a necessary service that will not break the bank.
Although Wag! launched as a dog-walking service, they’ve since evolved and become so much more! They offer an array of services making them a one-stop-shop for all things pet-related.
- Dog Walks: Options for every energy level, choose between 20, 30 and 60 minute walks.
- Training: Offering training for all ages and experience levels, you can work 1 on 1 with an experienced trainer from the comfort of your home or over a video chat.
- Drop Ins: Only running out for a brief amount of time or have a low-energy pet? Schedule a quick 20 minute, home visit to ensure all is well at home!
- Health Services: Connect with expert advice for a variety of symptoms and conditions directly through your smartphone. Chat with licensed veterinarians where ever you are!
- Pet Sitting & Boarding: Planning to be away for a few days? A sleepover for your pet either in the comfort of your home or your pet caregiver’s home, rest assured your pet will be in the best care for as many nights as you need!
Need more convincing? Not to worry!
- Wag! is an on-demand service so they are there whenever you need them! Whether you need daily walks, are planning a trip, or get stuck at work, you can have a vetted caregiver in your home the same day or for a scheduled event.
- Wag! is all about safety and convenience! Each caregiver has to pass an enhanced background check, every service is insured and support is standing by around the clock! Every walk is GPS tracked so you know exactly where your pets are going and you can even request a lockbox from Wag! to allow easy access to your home with a simple code, rather than having to hand over personal house keys or garage codes.
Wag! is available in over 4,600 cities nationwide and has millions of positive reviews from happy pet parents, just like you! So what are you waiting for? Download the app onto your smartphone and get started today!